Ari’s passion for litigating is evident from the moment you meet him.
Ari graduated from Osgoode Hall in 2002 and has worked as a partner at a leading litigation boutique firm for the majority of his career. He has tried cases before Judges and Juries as lead counsel in various jurisdictions around the province.
Ari was certified by the Law Society of Ontario as a Specialist in Civil Litigation in 2018. This is a designation awarded to select members of the Law Society of Ontario who maintain exemplary standards of professional practice and speaks to the quality in advocacy and actual court experience. It is a designation held by less than 1% of the lawyers in Ontario. Ari is honored to be selected by his peers for inclusion in the Best Lawyers of Canada list in the area of personal injury and insurance law.
Ari has represented individuals, corporations and insurers advancing and defending a broad range of claims including personal injury, property, medical malpractice, insurance coverage and employment disputes.
Some of Ari’s most recent speaking engagements, lectures, articles and interviews include the following:
- Interview with Canadian Underwriter on How vaccine rollout impacts commercial risk management, May 30, 2021 Read More
- Speaker at the Young Lawyers Practical Skills: Building Your Law Practice webinar hosted by Canadian Defence Lawyers on May 25, 2021
- Interview with Canadian Underwriter on How Liability Insurers will React to Military Report on Long-term Care Homes, June 2, 2020 Read More
- Article in Canadian Underwriter on How Changes Forced by a Pandemic are Reducing Litigation Costs, May 26, 2020 Read More
- Interview with Canadian Underwriter on How to Exclude Business Interruption During a Pandemic, May 4, 2020 Read More
- Interview with Canadian Underwriter on Where Insurance Fits Into Bicycle Accidents, June 26, 2019 Read More
- Interview with Canadian Underwriter on The Defenition of the Term Household in an Insurance Policy, May 2019 Read More
- Interview with Canadian Underwriter on How Commercial Clients are Exposed to Pot Liability even if they don’t Produce Cannabis, January 25, 2019 Read More
- Interview with Canadian Underwriter on Proposed Changes to Simplified Rules, December 4, 2018 Read More
- Guest Speaker on Mediation Advocacy at University of Toronto Law, November 21, 2018 Read More
- Panel Speaker on Opening and Closing Statements in Jury Trials at Canadian Defence Lawyers, November 12, 2018 Read More
- Presentation on Strategies for Defending Personal Injury Claims, November 8, 2018
- Presentation on implications for insurers of legalization of recreational marijuana, October 11, 2018
- Interview with Canadian Underwriter on liability risk for private marijuana retailers, September 2018 Read More
- Article in Canadian Underwriter on recent trends in personal injury litigation, May 1, 2017 Read More